Tektronix - MDO4054-3
Introducing the Mixed Domain Oscilloscope
Introducing the world’s first and only oscilloscope with a built-in spectrum analyzer. For the first time ever, you can capture time-correlated analog, digital, and RF signals for a complete system view of your device. See both the time and frequency domain in a single glance. View the RF spectrum at any point in time to see how it changes over time or with device state. Solve the most complicated design issues, quickly and efficiently, with an oscilloscope as integrated as your design.
Based on the industry-standard MSO4000B Oscilloscope Series, you can now use your tool of choice, the oscilloscope, to look at the frequency domain rather than having to find and re-learn a spectrum analyzer. However, the power of the MDO goes well beyond simply observing the frequency domain as you would on a spectrum analyzer. The real power is in its ability to correlate events in the frequency domain with the time domain phenomena that caused them.
When both the RF channel and any analog or digital channels are on, the oscilloscope display is split into two views. The upper half of the display is a traditional oscilloscope view of the Time Domain. The lower half of the display is a Frequency Domain view of the RF input. Note that the Frequency Domain view is not simply an FFT of the analog or digital channels in the instrument, but is the spectrum acquired from the RF input.
The spectrum shown in the Frequency Domain view is taken from the period of time indicated by the short orange bar in the time domain view – known as the Spectrum Time. With the MDO4000 Series, Spectrum Time can be moved through the acquisition to investigate how the RF spectrum changes over time. And this can be done while the oscilloscope is live and running or on a stopped acquisition.
Tektronix MDO4054-3 features:
- 4 Analog Channels
- 500 MHz Bandwidth16 Digital Channels
- MagniVu High-speed Acquisition provides 60.6 ps Fine Timing Resolution
- 1 RF Channel
- 50 kHz - 3 GHz Frequency Range
- Ultra-wide Capture Bandwidth ≥1 GHz
- Standard Passive Voltage Probes 3.9 pF Capacitive Loading and
500 MHz Analog Bandwidth
- Spectral analysis Dedicated front-panel controls for commonly performed tasks
- Automated peak markers identify frequency and amplitude of spectrum peaks
- Manual markers enable non-peak measurements
- Trace types Include: Normal, Average, Max Hold, and Min Hold
- Detection types include: +Peak, -Peak, Average, and Sample
- Spectrogram display enables easy observation and insight into slowly changing RF phenomena
- Automated measurements include: Channel Power, Adjacent Channel Power Ratio (ACPR), and Occupied Bandwidth (OBW)
- Trigger on RF power level
- Triggered or Free Run spectral analysis
- Mixed-domain analysis Time-correlated analog, digital, and RF signal acquisitions in a single instrument
- Wave Inspector® controls provide easy navigation of time-correlated data from both the time and frequency domains
- Amplitude, frequency, and phase vs. time waveforms derived from spectrum analyzer input
- Selectable spectrum time to discover and analyze how RF spectrum changes over time - even on a stopped acquisition
- Optional serial triggering and analysis - serial protocol trigger, decode, and search for I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, CAN, LIN, FlexRay, RS-232/422/485/UART, MIL-STD-1553, and I2S/LJ/RJ/TDM
- 264 mm (10.4 inches) bright XGA color display
- Small footprint and lightweight - Only 147 mm (5.8 inches) deep and 5 kg (11 lb.)
Item code: 9000153
If you have a technical question, please ask it here. Your question will be answered by an engineer.
|Tektronix - MDO4054-3 - 1|
Rent this product
Buy this product
This product is not for sale on our website. Contact us directly for sales prices.
Last viewed products
Mixed domain Oscilloscope